General Terms of Sale
These general terms of sale define the obligations between the Alliance Française and each of its students.
When the situation of the student so requires, special terms of sale may be added to these general terms. In the event of conflicts, the special stipulations prevail over the general ones.
1 - ADMISSION CONDITIONS
Only adult students are admissible to courses at the Alliance Française. Minors over the age of sixteen may be admitted with parental consent.
2 - FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
Registering for the services provided by the Alliance Française requires payment of the following fees:
- Annual registration fee: 50€
- Tuition fees as presented in promotional material (brochures, leaflets, website); they are to be settled before the start of the course.
- Course rates are per week (in the event of monthly rates, they represent a four week session).
- National public holidays do not give rise to price reductions nor supplementary days of class (the teaching program takes this constraint into account). This article 2.d. does not apply to private lessons.
- Without prejudice to the stipulations of article 4, the payment for any course started is due for the duration planned by the student when registering. Considering that Alliance Française applies degressive rates, no refund shall be granted in the event of an early departure.
- In accordance with French administrative law requirements for issuing a residence permit, students holding a long-stay or student visa in France must pay their tuition fees upfront for the first 12 weeks of their course (student visas are only granted for intensive or super intensive courses).
- Students have to provide proof of their right to one of our reductions (re-registration, refugee, unemployed...).
3 - REGISTRATION
- Registration to any of our courses implies acceptance of these terms of sale. Jurisdictions in Nice are competent for any dispute that may arise.
- Registration must be completed six weeks prior to the student's arrival if he/she would like to reserve accommodation via the Alliance Française, or at least two weeks before the start of the course if no accommodation is required.
- The student shall arrive no less than 30 minutes before the start of his/her first class in order to complete registration formalities and to take a placement test. An ID will be demanded.
4 - CANCELLATION, WITHDRAWAL & MODIFICATION
- Each student has a period of seven days to exercise the right of withdrawal without penalty; no motive is required. The Alliance Française then reimburses all sums paid.
- In case of cancellation due to visa refusal, the tuition fees are fully refunded (except the registration fee - art 2a).
- Once the course has started, a student who misses lessons due to medically justified incapacity benefits from the postponement of the hours of class he/she was absent or the reimbursement of fees in proportion to these hours.
- Payment of tuition fees is due when the course is started. Cancellation by the student after the commencement of his/her course (except article 4.c or a provable force majeure) will not give rise to any refund.
- Postponement or reimbursement will not be granted to students who are absent for one or several courses due to their own initiative.
- Early departures from the Alliance Française student residence shall respect a notice period of one month. This notice is extended to two months for tenants holding a student visa obtained through to the Alliance Française. The tenant is also required to reimburse the savings made by committing to a given period that is ultimately not respected (i.e. a tenant enjoys a 25% discount if he commits to a period of 7 months. In the event of termination after two months, his past two month’s rent due will be recalculated on the basis of a reduction of only 5%). A penalty of 50€ is applied to the cancellation of accommodation with a host family if a notice of 15 days before the first night is respected; the penalty increases to 150€ if the cancellation is made less than 15 days before the first night.
5 - INSURANCE
It is the responsibility of each student to insure themselves against the risks of illness, accident and civil liability.
6 - IMAGE RIGHTS
Unless the student advises otherwise in writing, the Alliance Française is authorised to use photos and images of its students in promotional materials and communication tools.
7 - DATA PROTECTION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act n° 78-17 of the 6th of January 1978, the collection of personal data has been subject to a normal declaration to the CNIL (1633376). Each student has the right to access, rectify and delete any personal information provided to the Alliance Française.
8 - EXCLUSION
Students are subject to the internal regulations of the Alliance Française de Nice. It is noted that any act of physical/moral violence or attempt of bribery may lead to temporary or permanent exclusion from the establishment (with no refund).